Humanities Podcasting: Multiethnic Digital Storytelling
Digital Humanities Workshop
November 11, 2021
Richard J. Daley Library, IDEA Commons Classroom
801 S Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60607
CalendarDownload iCal File
*Scroll Down for Registration.
This workshop will be led by podcasting experts and UIC alumni Deepthi Murali and Manamee Guha. We invite faculty and graduate students to join us in learning how to start a podcast of one's own. The event will feature an introductory presentation followed by a hands-on tutorial.
Attendees should download Audacity before the workshop. Alternatively, Mac users can use Garage Band but should make sure updates are installed.
Masks are required for this event. Non-UIC participants will be required to show a photo ID and vaccination card in order to enter. The workshop will also be livestreamed via Zoom. Registration is below and is required for both live and virtual attendees. Please only register for one or the other, NOT both.
- 10:00-10:15 -- Welcome & Introduction
- 10:15-Noon-- Workshop leaders will present and discuss their podcasts and give an overview of the day, groups will be assigned for breakout sessions
- Noon-1:00 -- Lunch
- 1:00-2:45 -- Breakout Sessions 1: technical/ idea generation
- 3:00-4:45 -- Breakout Sessions 2: technical/ idea generation
- *all participants will take part in both breakout sessions in turn
- 4:45-5:15 -- Q&A, Closing Remarks
The Digital Humanities Initiative is a partnership between the UIC University Library and the Institute for the Humanities.
Oct 14, 2021
Nov 29, 2021