Project Development and Digital Pedagogy
Digital Humanities Workshop
February 27, 2020
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
IDEA Commons Classroom, Daley Library
801 S Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60607
CalendarDownload iCal File
*Scroll Down for Registration
This workshop will be led by digital humanities experts from Michigan State University's Digital Scholarship Lab and will feature an introductory presentation, two breakout sessions with hands-on tutorials, and a provided lunch.
- Development, management, and life cycle of a DH project
- Finding and working with data
- Understanding and engaging in collaboration practices
- Hands-on instruction with mapping and data visualization tools
- Cultivating a digital pedagogy
More on topics and resources here: dh.msu.domains/uic
- 9:00- Welcome & Introduction
- 9:15- Presentation: "Digital Humanities in Practice"
- 10:30- Breakout Session 1
- A) Navigating the Mapping Landscape
- B) Exploring Data Visualization Options with Flourish
- 12:30- Provided Lunch*
- 1:45- Breakout Session 2
- A) Project Management and Collaboration
- B) Simple Strategies for Adding DH into your Pedagogy
- 3:45- Closing Remarks
*Lunch will be provided in the Institute for the Humanities in the lower level of Stevenson Hall.
All other workshop events will take place in the IDEA Commons Classroom on the south end 1st floor of Richard J. Daley Library.
Jan 21, 2020
Mar 10, 2021